- I've avoided writing a news post because I wanted to come up with a clever title for my regular news posts. I've not yet come up with anything.
- My latest review on Hazel & Wren is about Jessica Piazza's Interrobang (Red Hen Press, 2013).
- I'm going to start a Kickstarter in order to buy the Wu-Tang Clan's secret album The Wu – Once Upon a Time in Shaolin and release it for free.
- I joined Instagram.
- I'm moving to a beautiful new apartment in April. I'll have a sun room to lounge and work in, and a dedicated writing room/library. I mean, I guess it's an office, but "library" has more gravitas. Braggy pictures will be posted on Instagram (see above).
I am happy to be one of the featured readers at The New Shit Show, a new, monthly night of new performances produced by Lewis Mundt and WordSprout. The New Shit Show is held on the 3rd Friday of every month at the Fox Egg Gallery (3730 Chicago Ave. S., Minneapolis). From Lewis: "'New shit'” is defined as work that’s not been presented to an audience before. The goal is to encourage creativity and experimentation in the Twin Cities, as well as to offer a show the audience has never seen before."
This is the inaugural event and I am honored to help kick this thing off! Here are the details:
- Friday, April 18th
- Doors at 7:30pm, a 4-slot open mic at 8pm (you could perform too!), and then the featured readers
- $5-$10 on a sliding scale
- There will be donation-based booze, so bring yr ID and some extra dollars.
So here's the deal: from now until midnight on Tuesday, April 1st, comment on this blog post with your favorite line of poetry (or a whole poem!) and I'll write your name down on a slip of paper and draw names from a hat. Winners will receive one copy of Poetry magazine, and probably a little note from me. Make sure to put your email address in so I can contact you if you win! The drawing will take place on Wednesday evening, April 2nd; one entry per person.
(If you skipped ahead to the contest section you should go back to the top of this post and check out some of the other news. There's some cool stuff up there.)